Tuesday 14 February 2017

Papertrey Ink Quilled Elegance birthday card





Hello and welcome. I hope you had a good Valentine's Day and that someone surprised you with a little love token. I was lucky enough to get some flowers and a lovely card from my DH, -  at least I think I know it was from him, because the tradition is for it to be signed 'from your Valentine'. Is that just a British custom I wonder?  How are your cards signed? 

Anyway, it is over for another year but we have another challenge over at Addicted to Stamps and More to brighten your day and this time we have a Clean and Simple challenge for you.





This is my card




 1) Cut a piece of white card and stamp the long stamp from the Papertrey Ink Quilled Elegance stamp set with Versamark ink and heat emboss it with white detail powder. I've had this stamp set since it came out in 2012 and it doesn't get enough use!

2) Watercolour the flowers ( I used aqua mist and mint julep ink that I squished on a block, and then picked up with a damp paintbrush).

3)When it is dry, die cut the panel with a stitched rectangle die and then emboss it with the PTI Canvas Impression Plate, to add some texture.

4) Die cut some aqua card with the PTI Fillable Frames #10 die, and stamp and emboss in white with the matching frame stamp.

5) Stamp and emboss the greeting from PTI Signature Greetings 2 in the centre of the frame and and then layer everything onto the base card.




6) Add a few pearls to finish it off. I've taken to colouring my white pearls with alcohol pens so they match the colour scheme of my card, and I find it works really well. It saves space and money so that's a win in my book!

Why not visit the ATSM Blog to see some great inspiration from the Team and play along with us this time.
Thanks for stopping by.

Hugs
Carol x

26 comments:

Barb said...

A very beautiful fresh and elegant card Carol. Glad you enjoyed your Valentine's Day. Barbxx

Valentyna Komisarenko said...

Oh, Carol, what a stunning card! I totally love an elegance of a layout and delicate colors.

Carole said...

This is lovely Carol...fabulous colours and yes a great idea to colour those pearls. Love the font on that sentiment. As for valentine signature...may be a British thing but as mine says to my wife then I guess it's from hubby!!..lol...and the only one i got I have to say :(

Sarah said...

This is such a pretty card Carol. Love the colour, my summer wardrobe is based around those sort of shades!! Your canvas embossing folder always adds a little something and lifts your cards xx

Jan Clothier said...

So very pretty! I like the cool, clean feel of the card. I'm so glad you explained how you created the beautiful strip behind the sentiment or I'd have taken if for a pretty piece of DSP! Very clever work. Thanks so much for joining us at Retro Rubber.

Jac’s Playground said...

Beautiful card, love the clean lines and elegant design, thanks for joining us at Crafty Catz this week, Jac x

Jac’s Playground said...

Oops sorry had my other DT hat on, thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers, Jac x

Nataliascraft said...

Such a beautiful card Carol, love the pretty colours x

Katy McGloin said...

Love the texture in this lovely card, Carol! Your colors are so soothing! Thanks ever so much for sharing this sweet card with Retro Rubber in our birthday challenge! Hope to see you play often. (I will have to check out the PTI Canvas Impression plate... great look!!)

Brenda said...

When hubby was alive he didn't do Valentine's, but we married the day before so I got plenty with our anniversary to last into Valentine's. Missed him once again this year, but it is life! Our granddaughter was born on Valentine's Day so I spend the evening celebrating her birthday with the family. We sign our cards, or at least I think mostly everyone does in the states. I love, love, love your card Carol! It is stunning, love the color combo and love the watercoloring on the flowers. Very classic and clean as well. Love, love, love! Hugs, Brenda

Unknown said...

Hi Carol

This is a gorgeous designed card. Thank you for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers

June :)
http://poppyfieldcardcrafts.blogspot.com/

Ros Crawford said...

This is lovely Carol - Such soft and pretty colours. I have a few cards I haven't yet posted so I hope to join in the challenge. Glad you had a nice Valentine's ... We did too.

Margaret Mifsud said...

Love the clean and simple lines of this card .. beautiful!! Lovely colour too and so elegant. Thank you for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers. x

Kim Heggins said...

Beautiful...love the soft sweet colors!

Kara Lynne said...

Gorgeous, Carol! I love the colors and that beautiful border stamp - it's timeless! As far as I know, we just sign our names around here - I like your way better!

Julie B said...

Clean and crisp. The colour is gorgeous and I love the way you've picked out the detail with your paintbrush and ink. :)

Monika Reeck said...

Carol I adore your Papertrey Ink Quilled Elegance Strip there
so elegant and I love the color combo too
Sweet bday card
Hugs
Monika

PJ said...

Your card is so elegant with such soft colors. very nice.
pjs-projects.blogspot.com

Claire Grantham said...

Such an elegant card, I love the white panel, it feels like tile. The subtle details and colours work so well together. Thanks for joining us at Retro Rubber this time. Claire DT

Debbie Mageed said...

Very, very pretty! This is a CAS card that I might be able to handle! LOL Love your so subtle colors. The texture gives it wonderful interest without being overpowering. Thank you for playing along with our birthday challenge at Retro Rubber and hope you will join us again soon.

Nandini said...

Very beautiful card. Love the colors. Look so cool and elegant!

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Beautiful card, I love the texture of that background panel with the PTI embossing plate and the soft colors you chose, the lovely band behind your sentiment looks amazing.
Thank you for sharing with us at RETRO RUBBER for our Birthday challenge, hope you play again next time.
Hugs,
Maria Rodreguez.

Maikreations said...

This is a very elegant card - love the colour scheme ;o) Thank you for joining my "Add some Texture" challenge at the Crafty Cardmakers Blog! Happy crafting,
Maike

Nora Noll said...

Oh my!! I really like the way you embossed the white and then heat embossed and colored the stripe in the middle. AMAZING little detail. Great design!

creative lady said...

Beautiful and elegant card! I love the mint color with the white embossing. Thanks for playing along with Retro Rubber.

Pam said...

Very nice CAS card. Love the colors, too! I love the way you did the background. It came out amazing. Really shows lot of texture. A very sweet and cute card. Thank you for sharing your design in our "Add Some Texture" Challenge at Crafty Cardmakers!
:) Pam

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...