Well, after a weekend of wonderful warm sunshine it finally feels like spring is here. The garden is springing into life and Easter is almost here, so the thought of sunshine and chocolate makes me happy. The icing on the cake is that we also have another challenge starting over at Addicted to Stamps and More, and this time it is Make Your Mark!
I decided to ink up a new stamp from my NBUS mountain because it reminds me of spring, and I came up with this card:-
1) Take some white card and stamp the Woodware Special Bird stamp with black versafine ink and heat emboss with clear embossing powder. Repeat.
2) Colour both images with alcohol markers and then cut out one whole image and the wing and leaves from the second. Shape the wing and leaves, and stick them to the image with some glue gel to give dimension. Coat the flower petals and bird tail with Spectrum Noir Glitter brush pen.
3) Dry emboss a panel of card with the Crafter's Companion Bubbles embossing folder and cut it in half before inking the edges with some blue ink.
4) Take a panel of blue card and white emboss the happy birthday greeting from the Paper Smooches Sentiment Sampler. Use a scoreboard to create a couple of scored lines on either side of the greeting to frame it.
5) Layer everything up and raise the bird image on fun foam.
If you pop over to the ATSM blog, you will find lots of inspiration from the team, and you can link your cards up there.
I'd like to play along with