Tuesday 17 May 2016

Papertrey Ink and Joanna Sheen birthday card





Hello everyone,

Today we are celebrating Sandie's big 50th birthday with a surprise linky party over at Kylie's blog. I'm sure you will have come across Sandie's fabulous DT work with the Fusion Challenge, Inkspirational, the Card Concept and Time Out Challenge but if you haven't, why not pop to her blog London Days and be wowed by her great CAS designs.



I started by having a play with my new Papertrey Ink Modern Background Stencils (Yes PTI have started selling stencils and they are lovely!). I used the chevron style one and inked it up in an ombre style over a panel of card and when it was dry, I adjusted the position of the stencil and went in again with soft stone ink.


I cut the panel with one of the PTI Tipped Top dies and glued it to my base card before adding a couple of strips of black card to frame it. I cut the Joanna Sheen Echinacea flower twice from watercolour paper and coloured it with Zig Clean Color Real Brush  pens before stacking the flowers to give them a bit more structure. I added the flower to the card and then cut the PTI One Liner : Happy die and added it to the bottom before stamping the birthday greeting from PTI Birthday Bash



 To finish off I added the big 50 to the right hand corner and called it done!

I hope you have wonderful celebrations Sandie, and I look forward to meeting you in real life at the HLS retreat later in the summer.

If you would like to join us you can link up your card  here.

I'd like to play along with

Casology - stencil

Colourings in Scrapland - celebrations

Creatalicious challenge - no designer papers

Dies R Us challenge - birthdays

Inky Impressions May Challenge - die cuts and flowers

Thanks for stopping by.

Hugs
Carol x


19 comments:

Darlene said...

What a awesome design! Great job! Thanks so much for playing in our ‘BIRTHDAY’ challenge at Dies R Us! Please come back again soon!

Darlene (DRU Blog Leader)
DIES R US CHALLENGE BLOG
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

Tracey McNeely said...

Hi Carol what a gorgeous card for Sandie! I love those sunflower dies!

Tracey McNeely said...

...and thank you for sharing with us at CASology this week!

Unknown said...

This is gorgeous!!! I just love the bright happy colors!!
Beautifully done!!

sandie said...

This is stunning,that stencil is amazing and your chose the perfect colour against those stunning bloom-thanks for joining my partys

Tammy said...

This is beautiful Carol, I love the sunflowers and your fabulous stenciled background! Thanks so much for joining us at Creatalicious.
Tammy x

Nora Noll said...

Oh wow!! I LOVE the way you created the bold, graphic look with the black. The flowers are so pretty!!! FABULOUS design!

Joyce said...

Oh, what an amazing Birthday card for Sandie. She is sure to love it. Your stencilling is amazing. I like how you were able to create a pattern by moving your stencil and using two different colors. Your flowers are so bold and pretty. Thanks so much for playing along at CASology this week.

Kara Lynne said...

So much amazing detail! I love your design and those flowers are fantastic!

Sherri said...

Fantastic design on this beautiful card! Love the detail you added to this great die! Thanks for joining our "Birthday" challenge at Dies R Us!

Donna Ellis said...

How beautiful, Carol! I love the off-set layout of your card, and the pretty pastels against the black frame. Gorgeous design! hugs, de

Desire Fourie said...

This is just delightful with such fresh colours and design.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Gibmiss said...

Fabulous card... Love the flowers... Stunning card...
Hugs Sylvie xx

Anita in France said...

Such fabulous two colour stencilling, Carol ... and gorgeous dimensional blooms ... fresh and so pretty! Anita :)

Melissa said...

This is wonderful! I love the way the lines frame the stenciling & main images!
Thank you so much for joining us over at CASology! :)

cotnob said...

A beautiful card Carol, such a striking design.
Pauline
x

Deidre said...

I've did some stencil moving a couple weeks ago...love how you used the technique here! Thanks for playing along at CASology this week!

Kim Heggins said...

Love your sweet card...your flowers are so pretty.

anusmargoz said...

wow, I really like the card. The flowers are beautiful. Thank you very much for sharing in Colouring in Scrapland. kisses

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...