Sunday 19 April 2015

Inkydoodles gingerbread Christmas card


Hello everyone and welcome to another challenge over at Christmas Card Challenges where today we have a photo of Christmas cookies to inspire you.

I used stamps from Inkydoodles called the Best Gift and came up with this card:-




I stamped everything in Versamark ink and embossed with extra fine white embossing powder on kraft cardstock. The circles were cut with Lil'Inker Stitched Circle dies, and I curved the 'eat drink, be merry' sentiment to fit the circle shape. This sentiment was from the Clearly Besotted 'Most Wonderful' stamp set, and it certainly is proving to be a 'most useful' stamp set for Christmas cards.



I finished it off by adding a red heart to the gingerbread house with a red glaze pen.

Why not pop over to the Christmas Card Challenges blog to see what inspiration the team have for you this week


Remember that you can join us with any kind of Christmas card and it is not necessary to follow the theme if you don't want to.


I'd like to play along with the following challenges





Thanks for stopping by

Hugs 

Carol x

24 comments:

Sarah said...

A brilliant card Carol, I have this stamp set and associated mdf gingerpeople and haven't used them yet!! You have inspired me with your fabulous card!! xx

Benzi said...

Carol, your card is so adorable. Love all the gingerbread men at the bottom. And, the stitched circles are so pretty. This reminds me of the time I tried to make
a gingerbread house...didn't turn out so well. haha But, your card sure did.
Have a wonderful Sunday.

Sue said...

Hi Carol sorry I'm catching up again due to laptop problems!!! I absolutely lurveeeeeeeeeee this card it's adorable huggles Sue xxx

Kay Miller said...

Such an adorable card! I love the white on the kraft background!!

Unknown said...

This is such a sweet CASE! I love the gingerbread house and the rounded sentiment! Thank you so much for sharing with us at the CASE-ing Christmas Challenge! Hope to see you again!

Dotty Jo said...

Oh Carol, I love, love, love this card! What a great take on the challenge, Jo x

Lisa Young said...

This card is SO cute!!! Love it!!

Alanna said...

I love how the white looks on the kraft. So fun.

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

Wow, this is a very beautiful Kraft card for Christmas.

Love and hugs
Maarit

Tenia Nelson said...

Super cuteness!!

Nora Noll said...

How cute is this!! Love the white on the Kraft and your little red heart. Fabulous card!

Donna Nuce said...

I love your card with the stitched circles! So cute! Thank you so much for joining us at CASE-ing Christmas!

gail said...

Carol this is gorgeous, love the design. Gail xx

gail said...

Carol this is gorgeous, love the design. Gail xx

Mynn xx said...

So super darling!!! LOVE all the kraft card you used, the fun gingerbread house image, and the gorgeous pop of red glaze! Thank you SO MUCH for joining us at CASE-ing Christmas! HUGS! :) Mynn xx

CraftyTime4U said...

Christmas cards are my favorite, i can make them all year long! I love how the white looks so perfect on the craft cardstock, very clean and sweet Christmas card!

mags said...

A lovely creation. Thanks for sharing with us at Winter Wonderland.
Mags
x

Stamping Smiles Designs said...

Love your CAS design of this Christmas card. The pop of the red heart is just the perfect amount to make this card even more fabulous! Absolutely love it!

StephC said...

What an adorable card! I love the simplicity of it, and the white on kraft look. Great take on Donna's card this week. So glad you joined us for this weeks CASE-ing Christmas challenge!

Tracey McNeely said...

Carol this is so sweet! Kraft and white are fab together!

Joyce said...

Just adorable. I love how the kraft and white look together, your circle makes a wonderful focal point, and the pop of red heart is the perfect finishing touch.

Darnell said...

Wow, oh, wow, oh, wow, Carol! Your embossing is truly impeccable and this whole card is perfection! It looks professionally made!! Hugs, Darnell

Shirley said...

How very simply elegant! I really like the whole die cut design and how your stamped the images so both compliment each other. I want to thank you for commenting on my blog, Carol, and I hope it's okay to follow you.

Nat said...

beautiful design, I love the stitched circles and charming ginger house the added heart is the perfect touch!!! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...